Signpost Solutions Ltd t/a Signfix (“We/us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), the Data Controller is Signpost Solutions Ltd t/a Signfix Unit 5 Clarendon Drive, The Parkway, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0QA.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our web-site (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order with us either on our site or over the telephone or in writing, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or any other activities that may be carried out on the site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Our legal bases for handling this data are therefore to enable us to perform a contract with you and in addition, processing the data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as Data Controller.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform,
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time) products you viewed or searched for’ page response times download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case any information will only be obtained in accordance with the GDPR and we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share the data internally and combine it with data we collect about you.
- We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Uses made of the information
We will use your personal data in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, where you have consented, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we may be in touch with you regarding an existing or previous sale to advise you of any updates regarding that sale.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We will keep the personal information we have about you confidential. From time to time we may share it with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties with your express consent, with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
- Any third party contractors/service providers (including their sub-contractors) that provide a service to us or act as our agents, on the understanding they keep the information confidential. These include, but are not limited to, any third parties that process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, technical support functions and IT consultants who may assist us from time to time) and payment processing providers; Our professional advisers;
- insurance companies, regulatory authorities and other fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction to comply with any legal and regulatory issues and disclosures;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, on the understanding that they keep the information confidential.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or crime prevention agency and/or to comply with a regulatory obligation if we have a duty to do so or the law allows us to do so.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site on the understanding that they keep the information confidential;In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, but only if the receiving party has entered into a binding non-disclosure agreement and they confirm they have in place policies which comply with GDPR;.
- We will also send information to advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1).
Where we store your personal data
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you give to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. For example, some or our third-party providers may be located outside of the EEA. Where this is the case we will take steps to make sure that the right security measures are taken so that the receiving party agrees to provide the same or similar protection as we do and that they only use your personal data in accordance with our instructions. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. Where our third-party suppliers are in the US we have ensured that their services fall under the “Privacy Shield” whereby participating companies are deemed to have adequate protection and therefore facilitate the transfer of information from the EEA to the US.
Access to your information, correction and deletion- your rights
The GDPR grants you the right to access particular personal data that we hold about you. You therefore have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address: Customer Services, Signpost Solutions Limited, Unit 5 Clarendon Drive, The Parkway, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0QA or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We shall respond promptly to any such request and in any event, within one month from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. In (very limited) circumstances, we may make a small charge for this service. Our formal response will include details of the personal information we hold about you, including the following:
- Sources from which we acquired the information;
- The purposes for processing; and
- The persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information.
You also have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to ask us to transmit it to another controller if technically possible.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove without delay any information about you that you think is inaccurate by emailing us at email@example.com.
You have the right to seek a restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Further, you have the right to lodge an objection if you feel that one of the grounds relating to your particular situation apply. When you exercise your right to object, we must stop any processing unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Should you wish for us to completely delete all information that we hold about you, you should please contact us at Customer Services, Signpost Solutions Limited, Unit 5 Clarendon Drive, The Parkway, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0QA or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
With your consent, we would like to send you information about services and products of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of our group. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
We keep information for as long we need to in order for us to provide you with the goods and services you have asked us to provide. The retention period is in line with the length of time needed to fulfil our services to you taking into account our need to meet any legal, statutory and regulatory obligations with which we are bound to comply.
You will have the opportunity to opt out or update or delete personal data at any point should you need to do so and details are set out in this policy as to how to achieve this.
Our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis and we will dispose of personal data which we no longer require.
If you feel that your personal data has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR, you have a specific right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will then inform you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us
Customer Services, Signpost Solutions Limited Unit 5 Clarendon Drive, The Parkway, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0QA or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.